Friday, December 2, 2011

What does "Oh, ching chong ling long ting tong, oh" mean? Does it even have any meaning in Chinese?

It is simply gibberish used to imitate the sounds of the Chinese language. A way to poke fun at Asians through stereotypes. But since Alexandra was talking about the people in the library calling relatives about the tsunami, she clearly didn't hear such gibberish that day because that guy she spoke of would have been Japanese. Chinese does not sound like Japanese.





I love Asians and their culture, and I am not pleased at what Alexandra did. It was offensive and insensitive. She stereotyped a whole race of people.





But come on, everyone. Give her a break. She was being a silly college girl on camera who unfortunately displayed her ignorance. Think how stupid and embarrassed she feels now. She did a spur-of-the-moment thing and never dreamed it would go so far. She has apologized and she certainly has learned a lesson. I realy don't think she hates Asians. She just grabbed for a handy stereotype that was a poor choice.





But death threats??? I am sick of reading all you Yahoo people calling her a racist blond ***** and a stupid bimbo. Isn't THAT kind of namecalling racist too? The girl made a bad mistake but God, do we need to crucify her? She deleted the video and apologized. What more can she do?





I am deeply offended by what Alexandra did because I love and respect Asians. I will not defend her poor choices. But I refuse to hate her and be as bad as her detractors. I feel bad for her now with such a backlash. Let's forgive her and move on. Nothing can be served to keep attacking her. She's human and we all do dumb things. She just got caught on camera. And I doubt she hates Asians as much as they now seem to hate her. Pity.|||I don't think it means anything in any language/dialect in the world. Look up Jimmy Wong and his reply to the video if you haven't seen it yet. I'm an asian myself but I really don't think it should've gotten that big as it did. I think the last laugh went to people like Jimmy Wong that made a positive out of a negative from the situation. Some people made some funny videos and shirts about it. She probably wasn't even expecting that would happen. Good luck to her and finding her dream job someday.



I do agree that everyone should just let it go. It wasn't really that big of a deal and we should just all learn from it.|||ching chong means i love you


ling long means i really want you


ting tong i really dont know what that means|||None whatsoever. "ching" isn't even in the Chinese pinyin. If that girl wanted to make fun of Chinese people talking in the library, she should have tried making sense. :/|||actually ching chong is a word of mockery for chinese or asian chinese-looking people :-( if you'll look in american history...|||Oh I saw that video of that idiot blonde girl from UCLA.There's no meaning haha it's just how everyone thinks Chinese is spoken.|||No meaning whatsoever.|||Lock your underwear drawer.|||gibberish, doesn't mean anything, i find it funny when ppl make fun of us, well, learn the proper language first|||你是個白痴|||This blonde b*tch is staring at me in the library|||oh...you speak mandarin?|||Thats what they say when they orgasm|||-Sorry. -It's Greek to Me. :)|||Nope.|||sound seems to be like my bell hang outer door wall.|||no, she's just making fun of the way Chinese people speak.|||it means what it says... :)|||ask them when they rule your aßß

No comments:

Post a Comment